Fundraising and Donating
December 3rd, 2015
Our Doon students are getting active in their school and community this week!
Treasures Book campaign
The Treasures Book campaign has just started after an exciting assembly on Tuesday. We learned about all of the ways our school benefits and how students can earn incentives like free laser quest passes, a games party, or a class lunch at the Mandarin!
- Books cost $30 and have hundreds of coupons and discounts
- Deals can be accessed through the app and online in addition to the book
- All books and orders due back December 16 for delivery on December 18
Christmas Miracle Food Hamper Project
As a school, we will be working to help 50 families in our community receive food hampers to make the holidays brighter through the Christmas Miracle Food Hamper Project.
- Students bring food items to school December 7-11:
- Monday, December 7: canned meat (tuna, salmon, 28 oz cans of stew)
- Tuesday, December 8: family size peanut butter and jam
- Wednesday, December 9: canned vegetables
- Thursday, December 10: dry pasta, 1 kg bag of long grain rice
- Friday, December 11: large cans of fruit juice, cranberry jelly, canned fruit
- Bring in financial donations December 14-18:
- any amount will make a difference
- cheques made payable to ‘City of Kitchener’
- entire food hamper cost is approximately $175
- all financial donations are eligible for income tax receipts